This is an Online class
The Shooting-Performance Online Series classes are all taught online with an initial lecture via video conferencing and weekly mandatory assignments.
- June 27th 4-5 hour instructor-led initial lecture, and dry fire block
- Following 6 weeks students are assigned live-fire drills (3 per week) and each week attend an instructor-led 1-hour student Q&A
- Final assessment and quiz
Mike explains how the course works: Watch the video!
Open to: Anyone. A basic level of proficiency (loading, unloading, and familiarity) is required.
Course Description: This course is a piece of my total training system that reinforces the techniques covered in my book Your Defensive Handgun Training Program. The program will take your shooting to the next level. The full training system is like nothing else available today, focusing on not only the execution of skills but in the critical process to properly train those skills and subsequently improve your results. This class INCLUDES a downloadable version of the training drills AND videos for you to follow in your training once you have graduated class. Self-defense context is also thoroughly covered in this program, defining the distance related concepts of a fight with a handgun. This course is ideal for anyone who carries a handgun for combative (self-defense) purposes and will benefit both the novice as well as experienced shooters. It is the pre-requisite course for those wishing to take other Shooting-Performance advanced handgun courses. This course includes a free video download of all of the essential drills!
Class Learning Objectives:
- Principles of Adult Learning
- Heart Rate Management /Combat Breathing
- Self Defense Observe, Orient, and Defend Principles
- Mental Preparation for the Fight
- Physical Preparation for the Fight
- Legal Preparation for the Fight
- Principles of an Effective Training Program
- Carry Gear and Firearm Setup
- Principles of Dry Fire Training (manipulation training)
- Principles of the Firing Cycle (high performance marksmanship)
- Live Fire Micro and Macro Drills (firing cycle)
- Low Light Handgun Operation (practical application limited by the range)
- Concepts of a Proper Live Fire Training Session
During the Online Lecture:
- Computer, or mobile device that will work with ZOOM coaching applications.
- Serviceable handgun and magazines (2-3) or speed loaders (2-3)
- Handgun carry gear (we recommend your daily carry holster and gear)
- Concealing garment (if you carry concealed)
- Notebook and pen
- 10 rounds of dummy ammunition (your caliber)
During the Live Fire drills:
- Serviceable handgun and magazines (2-3) or speed loaders (2-3)Handgun carry gear (we recommend your daily carry holster and gear)Concealing garment (if you carry concealed)
- 200-300 rounds of ammunition per range session *Note, this is an estimated quantity due to the unique flexibility of the program, students may shoot more or less depending on time and budget
- Concealment garment (if you carry concealed)
- Firearms rated eye and ear protection
- Personal comfort items (chair, water, snacks, sunscreen, etc.)
- Electronic timer
- Electronic hearing protection